Getting a facelift…

Nope, not me! My blog… this one. When I decided to move here from Blogger just over two years ago, I searched through every theme until I picked this one. I customized the header and colors myself…I was (and still am) proud of my handiwork. The picture in the header, taken at the farm by me, has represented this blog well. I will miss it.

The simple look and feel of my blog worked fine when I wrote once in a blue moon and no one was coming to visit. Alot has happened in the past two years – I’ve blogged more, readers are coming to visit, and are staying to comment. I have quite a few subscribers as well!  I am excited about the direction that I am taking with my blog. A new look, new features and a new URL. My blog is growing up! My writing is growing up as well. I felt it was time that the blog reflected that growth.

Speaking of subscribers. I am switching to a self-hosted blog that will be using Feedburner. There is a good chance you will need to re-subscribe. I hope you will.

For those of you who have also followed my other blog “A Social Media Enthusiast,” I thank you. That blog will be gone this week and the content integrated into this one. I still plan on writing about social media, business, and other related things. You’ll be able to find that content under a “social media” link, after this weekend.

A new and improved “Thoughts from the Farm” is coming and I can’t wait! I hope you like it. Let me know what you think after you’ve taken a look around.

Only the look of the blog is changing, the content will still be “Life from my POV, with a bit of fiction thrown in.”

Photo credit : Pardon my Fancy

9 comments for “Getting a facelift…

1. September 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I can’t wait to see the new digs, Sherree. Same great content but with a new look and feel. It’s always good to give your place a little new “paint” every so often. Be well.

• September 1, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Jen, I agree – this is long overdue. I hope you like it.

I can’t tell you how much I have appreciated your support, encouragement and gracious friendship. Thank you so much.

2. September 1, 2011 at 11:46 am

Hello Sherree

I am always thrilled and delighted to meet someone like yourself – someone who is natural and true to themselves! I believe when we are true to ourselves, we are true to others. With truth, hope, trust, positivity and connectivity, we can liberate and empower! We can proudly step into today and take strides to live a quality tomorrow.

It’s amazing to watch healthy ideas grow. First we plant the seeds, then we nourish and care, hoping things will blossom and flourish. It appears this is what has happened with your Blog. It has matured into something beautiful! Congrats!

Starting new projects can sometimes be like tending to a baby with colic. A lot of love, attention, commitment and support is needed. Still, the joy and enrichment it brings to our lives is well worth all our hours of hard labour.

I look forward to your new creation and all that you will share with us.

In Celebration,
    Tara

• September 1, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Tara,

You are one special lady! Your positive attitude has lifted me more than you know, on more than one occasion.

I never thought when I started writing a blog, that people would read it, let alone comment. Those little planted seeds exceeded my expectations!

I’m excited with the direction the blog and my writing are taking me, and I’m thrilled that you wish to come along for the ride.

Sherree

3. August 31, 2011 at 9:40 pm

You know, after chatting last night (my time) I realized I hadn’t followed your SME blog. You talked about changes, so I go over there and you are migrating it here—but not here, somewhere new! I think you are trying to avoid being followed! Stop that!

I kid. Good for you, Sherree. I read the last couple posts on SME and am going to get caught up here as well, but I think you are on the right track. I separated blogs for a completely different reason—being able to curse and not sugar coat my fiction in hopes I wouldn’t offend a parenting reader. Sometimes I wonder if it was really necessary, but considering it’s just a subdomain, it’s not like it went very far.

One lesson I have learned over the last 9 months is that if you aren’t enjoying this, you will not be successful. Not everyone is a niche blogger. Having everything in one place because it is an interest is never a bad thing as long as you are putting your heart into it. You mentioned Jessica Northey in one post – she has all kinds of stuff on her blog!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the place. I will definitely re-subscribe. Just say when!

• September 1, 2011 at 8:05 am

Dude,

You rock — for many reasons. Your support and encouragement over the past few months has been incredible. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. I like writing about alot of things, but found having two blogs was a real PITA. So, now I’ll have one home for everything!

Will keep you posted when we go live with the new and improved site. Should be over the weekend (hopefully sooner).

Brandon, thank you for being such a good friend.

4. August 31, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Love it. Sometimes starting over is the best idea. I will definitely follow along with your adventures!

• August 31, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Yep, it’s time to turn the page…funny how that works, eh? Thanks so much Katie for your continued support. You rock!

5. August 31, 2011 at 6:26 pm

It looks great, it feels new and crisp, and I can’t wait to see what comes next! Congratulation on the move and the rebirth. It feels good, like a new school year, new chances and new opportunities! :)