In loving memory of Shasta

Shasta
July 4, 1999 – April 8, 2011

Shasta left us today to be with her daughter Kota, and her best friend growing up, Shadow.

Please read on…

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; Her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….

Author Unknown

6 comments for “In loving memory of Shasta

1. Steve
    April 11, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Sorry for your loss Sherree. Our little pooch is only 2 years old but I can’t imagine life without him, so I can understand what a loss Shasta will be for you. Hopefully the poem comforts somewhat, as should all the little moments of her that add up to a lifetime of happy memories.

2. April 10, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about Shasta. A dog’s only fault? They don’t live as long as we do. Hugs to you and your family.

3. Emily
    April 9, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Although we’ve not yet met, and I neberage met Shasta, my heart goes out to you and your husband at this time. Your post made me cry. I’ll give our Heidi girl an extra squeeze tonight. Hugs to you. I hope you find peace in knowing she is no longer enduring our world, but rather thriving in a better place. Maybe dogs are smarter than us.

4. Jeannette Baer
    April 8, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Sherree,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss! my heart and prayers are with you and family during this difficult time!!
    Nothing can prepare us for the loss of our beloved pets; they are our family and will forever live in our hearts and memory. I hope you find comfort in knowing Shasta is in a better place, where there is no pain or discomfort; just peace!

Tight hug,
    -Jeannette

5. sumner
    April 8, 2011 at 6:53 pm

As much as I wished this day would never come. It has.
    And damn it. This day.

Shasta – may you be able to see these words. To witness how much they lived amongst you, lived with you, and ultimately died with you.

Sherree – may this difficult time pass… with the support and confidence of loved ones surrounding you that will lead you through this tragic event. That will stand with you through this complicated time. You and especially your family are in my family’s thoughts and prayers…

6. SheilaRose/ShebaJo
    April 8, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Beautiful baby. I’m so sorry about your loss.

Comments are closed.